— Reception 6:30; Program 7:00 —
Zao MKE Church
2319 E. Kenwood Boulevard, Milwaukee 53211
Cheryl LaBash of IFCO/Pastors for Peace and Co-Chair of the National Network on Cuba will speak about the importance of the Friendshipment Caravan, and receive donations for Pastors For Peace to buy and bring needed medicines to Cuba.
Cheryl’s first trip to Cuba was in 1985 as a member of the executive board of her AFSCME Local at the City of Detroit Health Dept. Then as today, the disproportionately high infant mortality in that majority African-American city fueled her activism with Doctors4Detroit supporting Cuba’s medical scholarship program and opportunities for graduates.
Cheryl also works in Washington, D.C. on national mobilization and legislative advocacy to end the U.S. economic, financial and commercial blockade of Cuba, and writes on current Cuba-related developments.
If you can’t make it, but still want to help/participate:
- Donate to the work of the Friendshipment Caravans
- at the IFCO/Pastors For Peace website
- by texting IFCO to 646.859.5344
- via check to IFCO, P.O. Box 1368, Orange, NJ 07051-1368 (Note: do NOT write the word ‘Cuba’ anywhere on the check!)
- Watch the event streaming live on Facebook or YouTube (there is no specific link to the streams at these platforms until they begin; simply go to the page at that time and look for whatever is marked “LIVE”)